About the Position:
Windy City Paws was voted Chicago Reader's 2019 Best Dog Walkers! We have been providing individual dog walks, runs, and petsits in Chicago since 2009. We're looking to hire a responsible, dog-loving Specialist to join our professional team!
All Windy City Paws employees must be committed to providing our customers with the highest level of care and, most importantly, have experience with and love being with dogs!
We are hiring a Dog Walking Specialist. This is a part-time employee position. The successful candidate will walk dogs and perform other office duties as assigned by a manager. The expectation for this role is 75% in-field service. How does this position differ from our other dog walking jobs? This role has guaranteed hours and a lot of variety. This will be a fast-paced role with each day being different - even though you may be out walking dogs during the week, they will likely be different dogs. While each day will be different and your schedule could be adjusted the morning of, you will be constantly working with wonderful dogs all over the city!
Some tasks that you would be expected to perform:
- Fill in as a dog walker covering for other walkers when they have time off
- Fill in as a dog walker for extra services that clients request
- Accompany some walkers for training purposes
- Post job flyers on public bulletin boards
- Run marketing supplies to buildings
- Help with client lockbox maintenance/set up
- Deliver keys to walkers in emergencies
- File and organize paperwork in the office
- Other office work as requested
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Loves dogs
- Outgoing and personable
- Highly detailed and organized
- Professional pet care experience
- Confident in ability to be flexible with a changing routine
The hours for this job are Monday - Friday 10am-4pm. The WCP office is located in Lincoln Square.
For this position, it’s ideal if you have a car or are an all-seasons biker. However, we are also open to candidates who will primarily use the CTA. Depending on your form of transportation, a portion of your transportation cost will be covered by WCP.
This position’s starting pay is $14/hour. There will be opportunities for performance reviews at which times raises will be considered based on job performance.
- Spend time outside exercising, playing with dogs, and enjoying Chicago!
- Paid training when you onboard and continued education on dog behavior and handling throughout your tenure with us!
- Paid Time Off
- Work directly with the WCP's Management Team. If you have a problem or need to give feedback, you're dealing with a small team of great people.
- Work with people who are positive, upbeat, and committed to caring for dogs and other pets. And even better than the people, you'll be working with amazing and lovable dogs!
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be willing to commute to Windy City Paws service areas (no car or bike required--but is considered a plus)
- Be comfortable physically walking up to 6 hours a day in all Chicago weather
- Have a smartphone or mobile device with WiFi and/or cellular data capabilities and daily internet access
- Provide a laptop for work
- Intend to make this job a long-term commitment for a minimum of 6 months
- Pass a background check before starting the position
VIEW OUR VIDEO AND LEARN MORE ABOUT DOG WALKING FOR WINDY CITY PAWS: https://windycitypaws.com/WorkAtWCP