About the Position:
Windy City Paws is a premier dog walking and petsitting company in Chicago. Named “Chicago’s Best Dog Walker” by the Chicago Reader Voter’s Poll, Windy City Paws prides itself on offering excellent service and care to pets and their owners. We are a workplace where you can combine your love for animals and your career. Employees at Windy City Paws work in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment and are dedicated to providing wonderful care to Chicago’s pets.
Windy City Paws' Office Assistant makes sure the business runs smoothly every day by facilitating customer service via email and phone and matching client requests with dog walkers. A typical day for the Office Assistant will include scheduling and facilitating key exchanges with dog walkers, handling incoming phone calls, and managing the general email inbox.
Position Details and Job Expectations:
- Salaried Full-Time Employee
- Benefits: PTO is offered. At this time this position does not offer health benefits.
- Working hours are Monday through Friday 8am-5pm CST
- Once a month weekend shift for 2-3 hrs/day: on Saturday and Sunday for extra compensation.
All hours will be worked in the Windy City Paws office in Lincoln Square or out in the field in Chicago.
- Facilitate basic scheduling requests from clients via email and phone, communicating to the client and using scheduling software
- Pitch ad-hoc service requests to dog walkers
- Answer the main phone line - handling basic customer service issues and transferring new client inquiries and escalated customer service issues to a manager
- Manage the general email inbox, routing email to team members as appropriate
- Schedule key exchanges with walkers, ensure that all key exchanges occur as scheduled and keep the scheduling software up to date on exchanges.
- Manage key inventory, ensure all keys are where they should be and that all keys are returned to clients upon termination of service or securely disposed of.
- Fill in as needed for emergency walks, cat visits, or petsit services if no other walkers available and originally assigned walker is no longer available.
- Maintain inventory of supplies Field Reps need for Meet & Greets (order Meet & Greet sheets, ensure business cards and key tags in stock)
- Experience in an administrative role in an office environment
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience fielding customer phone calls and emails in a professional environment
- Independently motivated and able to work without strict supervision
- Proven ability to create systems and processes to organize in a multi-tasking role
- Very strong and friendly communication skills both over the phone and through email
- Must love animals!
- Able to start training not later than 1/7/19 after an offer is extended 2 weeks prior
- Must be able to provide a laptop for work
- Must be at least 21 years old
- If interested in this position please apply via the Apply Now button below by 12/24/18, and we will respond to you by 12/28/18 if we're interested in moving forward with an interview.