About the Position:
Windy City Paws is a premier dog walking and petsitting company in Chicago. Recently named “Chicago’s Best Dog Walker” by the Chicago Reader Voter’s Poll, Windy City Paws prides itself on offering excellent service and care to pets and their owners. We are a workplace where you can combine your love for animals and your career. Employees at Windy City Paws work in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment and are dedicated to providing wonderful care to Chicago’s pets.
Windy City Paws' Walker Coordinator makes sure the business runs smoothly every day by communicating with dog walkers in the field and ensuring they have what they need to provide excellent service to our canine and feline clients. A typical day for the Walker Coordinator will include handling requests and questions from dog walkers in the field, scheduling key exchanges for dog walkers, and screening new dog walker applicants. No day is the same as Walker Coordinator, and this position is the first line of communication for our dog walkers in the field, making the Walker Coordinator a key employee and the face of Windy City Paws to our 60+ dog walkers.
Position Details and Job Expectations:
- Salaried Full-Time Employee
- Benefits: PTO is offered. At this time this position does not offer health benefits.
- Working hours are Monday through Friday 8am-5:00pm CST
- Once a month weekend shift for 2-3 hrs/day: on Saturday and Sunday for extra compensation.
All hours will be worked in the Windy City Paws office in Lincoln Square or out in the field in Chicago.
- Act as the first line of defense for walkers in field (ex: walkers call if they can't get into home, dog not home, etc.)
- Schedule key exchanges with walkers, ensure all key exchanges occur as scheduled, and manage key inventory through scheduling software
- Fill in as needed for emergency walks, cat visits, or petsit services if no other walkers available and originally assigned walker is no longer available.
- Correct any issues walkers have with payroll software (incorrect/missed punches, need login info)
- Email or call clients as needed for information walkers on the ground need in real time (ex: dog is sick, how to use a tricky lock, where cleaning supplies are)
- Communicate with walkers any new notes needed to fulfill their services (ex: updating a walker that a dog on their route is ill and needs special food that day or walker needs be aware that a lockbox was moved)
- Help out with shadowings for walkers on their 1st day and in emergencies
- Respond to client questions and concerns via email or phone, escalating complaints to a manager
- Update pet notes as needed in scheduling software program
- Prepare Walker reviews each month for managers
- Post dog walker jobs to job boards, evaluate and screen applicants, and schedule interviews for the Walker Manager.
- Sit in on new walker paperwork sessions 1-2 times per week, help Field Operations Manager with parts of the session in getting new walkers in payroll software and scheduling software.
- Maintain inventory of supplies Field Reps need for Meet & Greets (order Meet & Greet sheets, ensure business cards and key tags in stock)
- Professional experience working with pets
- Experience fielding customer phone calls and emails in a professional environment
- Independently motivated and able to work without strict supervision
- Proven ability to create systems and processes to organize in a multi-tasking role
- Very strong and friendly communication skills both over the phone and through email
- Must be Fear Free certified (If you are not Fear Free certified, Windy City Paws will pay for the online certification course after an accepted offer, and you can complete certification prior to your start date)
- Able to start training not later than 11/26/18 after an offer is extended 2 weeks prior
- Need access to a private computer and a reliable internet connection
- Must be at least 21 years old
- If interested in this position please fill out and submit this survey https://goo.gl/forms/C35r9essIh0x7a5t1 and we will respond to you by 11/6/18 if we're interested in moving forward with an interview.