About the Position:
Windy City Paws is a premier dog walking and petsitting company in Chicago providing excellent service since 2009. Recently named “Chicago’s Best Dog Walker” by the Chicago Reader Voter’s Poll, Windy City Paws prides itself on offering excellent service and care to pets and their owners. We are a workplace where you can combine your love for animals and your career. Employees at Windy City Paws work in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment and are dedicated to providing wonderful care to Chicago’s pets.
Windy City Paws' Walker Support Specialist makes sure the business runs smoothly every day by communicating with dog walkers in the field and ensuring they have what they need to provide excellent service to our canine clients. A typical day for the Walker Support Specialist will include:
- Handling requests and questions from dog walkers in the field via phone and text message
- Tracking late check-in issues and walker hours in scheduling software and payroll software
- Communicating with clients and creating customer service notes for any service issues (such as late arrivals) and then creating action to resolve issues or ensuring follow-up from other team members
No day is the same as Walker Support Specialist, and this position is the first line of communication for our dog walkers in the field, making the Walker Support Specialist a key employee and the “face” of Windy City Paws to our 60+ dog walkers.
Position Details and Job Expectations:
- Remote-based, part-time hourly employee
- Pay: $15 hourly
- Benefits: PTO is offered. At this time this position does not offer health benefits.
- Working hours are Monday through 10am-4pm CST. During working hours, the Walker Support Specialist is always “on” and ready to handle any dog walker questions or requests.
- Spend full shift working. This role does not include formal break time, but it is a remote-based role, offering some flexibility during working hours.
- Act as the first line of defense for walkers in field (ex: walkers call if they can't get into home, dog not home, etc.)
- Email or call clients as needed for information walkers on the ground need in real time and follow up appropriately (ex: dog is sick, how to use a tricky lock, where cleaning supplies are)
- Respond to client questions and concerns via email or phone, escalating complaints to a manager
- Correct any issues walkers have with payroll software (incorrect/missed punches, need login info)
- Update pet notes as needed in the scheduling software program
- Experience fielding customer phone calls and emails in a professional environment
- Very strong and friendly communication skills both over the phone and through text/email
- Independently motivated and able to work without strict supervision
- Proven ability to create systems and processes to organize in a multi-tasking role
- Must be a resident of Illinois or Alabama
- Must complete Fear Free Certification (Windy City Paws will pay for the online certification course after an accepted offer, and you can complete certification prior to your start date)
- Able to start training not later than 3/18/19 after an offer is extended 2 weeks prior
- Need access to a private, reliable computer and a reliable internet connection
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Preferred: Professional experience with dog and cat handling
- If interested in this position please fill out and submit this survey: https://goo.gl/forms/qZ4kRRTsrawkAGKR2 by 02/28/19, and we will respond to you by 03/01/19 if we're interested in moving forward with an interview.